Attendance: Cllrs Roberts (Chairman), Goldsmith, Milner, Skinner, Rose, Blandford and Clerks to the Parish Council:
Beccy Macklen and Claudine Feltham
- Apologies for absence:
- Apologies were accepted from Cllr McQuarrie
- Review of the Minutes of the meeting held on 25th November 2014
- Minutes were reviewed with no issues raised.
- To review the remuneration of the Clerks to the Council and the Caretaker for 2016/17.
(Clerks Claudine Feltham and Beccy Macklen left the meeting whilst this was discussed).
- Upon return it was noted that the remuneration was approved.
- To consider the Parish Council’s Budget for 2016/17 and to recommend a Budget and Precept for that year. The draft budget documents were reviewed and it was decided to request an increase of 2% on the precept for the financial years of 2016/2017. This would amount to an increase of £1667.00, bringing the precept up to a figure of £85,020. Annual Budget – By Combined Account Code
- Match Funding. The likelihood of match funding was discussed. At present we are looking to support the speed reduction project in Ringles Cross, which would cost the parish council approximately £2500. This can be afforded from the Ear Marked Reserves. However, it was noted that the parish council would not be able to afford to take on other match-funded projects without receiving a further increase in the precept in the future.
- Cllr Blandford reminded the Committee that the Parish Council were still holding £31,000 within their accounts which had been assigned to go towards the costs of building the New Community Hall. The £31,000 has been considered within the New Community Hall Trusts accounts. It is hoped that the ground works for the new hall would start in the Spring of 2016.
- Annual Review of the Effectiveness of Internal Audit – a review of terms of reference against revised edition of ‘Governance and Accountability for Local Councils’ (verbal report).
- The current arrangements for the internal audit were considered to be extremely effective.
- Review of Buxted Parish Council’s Financial Regulations – adopted by the Council at its Meeting held on 11th November 2014
- The financial regulations do not require a further update at this time, they were considered by the Finance Committee to be appropriate and fit for purpose.
- Risk Assessment:
- Review of Risk Assessment Programme in relation to Finance, Governance, Systems and Administration
- Annual review of Insurance cover
(both previously reviewed at Property and Recreations Ground Committee on 16th June 2015)
- The Risk Assessment was reviewed at the Property Committee in June 2015, and does not require any additional updates at this time.
- Buxted Parish Council insurance is in the final year of a 3 year contract, so will be renewed next year.
- Any other matters properly notified.
- The annual grants awarded by the parish council will be reviewed at the end of the 2015/2016 financial year, and consideration will be given to a new application process.